The average UK house price came in at £278,000 in March 2022, an increase of £24,000 from the same time last year.
- UK average house prices rose by 9.8% over the year to March.
- House price growth started rising in the second half of 2020, with the trend continuing into 2021 and remaining solid since the start of 2022.
- The average house price of £278,000 remained unchanged from the record level posted in February.
- Private rental prices paid by tenants in the UK increased by 2.7% in the 12 months to April 2022, a 2.4% jump in the year to March.
- House prices in Wales posted the highest growth rate in the year to March, increasing 11.7% to £206,000.
House prices in England rose by 9.9% to reach £298,000 as Scotland reported an 8% increase in the average prices of £181,000.
FTSE 100 down -0.45%, GBPUSD down -0.59%
Source: Office for National Statistics