Hillary Clinton warned that the increase in popularity of Bitcoin and the alternative coins could have a negative impact on the world’s economy.
- The former US presidential candidate does not like digital assets and their implementation in their global financial network.
- In a recent panel discussion, she stated that today’s world faces new challenges, including disinformation, artificial intelligence, and cryptocurrencies.
- Hillary Clinton stated that the digital assets gained massive traction because of their “interesting and somewhat exotic” nature.
- Clinton further warned that they present a threat to the US dollar, claiming that their adoption could destabilize whole nations.
- In June this year, Donald Trump, former U.S. President, labeled bitcoin a “scam” as he did not like how it competes with the American dollar.
After a few months, Trump again state that bitcoin could hurt the American dollar calling on watchdogs to regulate it.
BTC USD up +1.73%