Meta, formerly known as Facebook announced that it has created artificial intelligence technology that can adapt faster to new types of harmful information.
- AI systems can understand new tasks from illustrations, but the process of collecting and labeling a huge amount of data takes months.
- Few-Shot Learner, the new AI system needs a small amount of training data to adjust to dealing with new types of harmful content within weeks.
- The social network has procedures against the posting of harmful COVID-19 vaccine misinformation, including incorrect claims that vaccine hampers DNA.
- Meta says the new technology will assist the company in identifying harmful content they might miss.
- Cornelia Carapcea Meta Product Manager stated that faster reactions would help the company to launch interventions and moderate content in a timely way.
The design of a new AI system could assist the social network in reducing criticism including from President Joe Biden, by combating misinformation.
FB down -0.41%, Pre-market tradingSource: Cnet