The growing roar for Robinhood Markets Inc to list the Shiba Inu coin to its platform is helping boost the cryptocurrency to record highs.
- The SHIB Token has rose 13% in the last 2 hours. It is now the 11th-biggest crypto with a market value of nearly $24 billion.
- A petition on Change.org requesting Robinhood to list Shiba Inu, a Dogecoin-inspired meme cryptocurrency-now has over 326,000 signatures.
- Vlad Tenev, Robinhood Chief Executive Officer on a Tuesday’s earnings call stated that the company is “carefully” considering adding new coins to its offerings.
- Crypto has become more important to Robinhood’s growth. Last month, the brokerage stated it planned to provide crypto wallets, a tool that allows investors to send and receive cryptocurrencies.
- The waitlist for crypto wallets has surpassed 1 million customers. The latest company filing revealed that 64% of crypto revenue came from Dogecoin.
Trading in Shiba Inu has become volatile as it continues rising. The crypto plunged earlier this week after Elon Tweet disclosed that he did not own the coin.
SHIB USD up +20.28%Source: Bloomberg.