The co-founder of Apple – one of the influential tech personalities who likes cryptocurrencies. However, Wozniak expects the government to continue pushing for the regulation of digital currencies.
- The tech entrepreneur praised Twitter boss and crypto enthusiast Jack Dorsey for elevating conversations on how cryptocurrencies are put at “the heart of business dealings.”
- But Wozniak believes digital currencies will eventually develop into the functional mode of payment.
- Wozniak further remains unsure whether the surface of anonymity of cryptocurrencies relative to other forms of digital payments is a good thing.
- Meanwhile, CoinFlip CEO Ben Weiss argued the crypto anonymity is a major misconception. He stated that people cannot purchase cryptocurrencies without “know your customer” checks and getting some form of identification.
- Gary Gensler, the chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission has been pushing for additional oversights of the cryptocurrency industry.
Past digital currencies, Wozniak praised the positive outlook of blockchains and their possible use cases, including in voting in political elections.
BTC USD up +0.79%
Source: Markets Insider.