The U.K. stock market showed gains on Monday, with the FTSE 100 Index closing up 0.50% at 7,327.39.
- St. James’s Place PLC (STJ) – Investment advisors company St. James’s Place PLC saw the largest increase, with shares rising by 3.75%.
- Pearson PLC (PSON) – Publishing firm Pearson PLC experienced a 2.94% climb in its shares.
- ITV PLC (ITV) – Broadcasting company ITV PLC also performed well, with shares increasing by 2.38%.
- Prudential PLC (PRU) – Life insurance company Prudential PLC saw a 2.21% increase in its stocks.
- M&G PLC (MNG) – Investment advisors firm M&G PLC rounded out the top five performers, with shares rallying by 2.18%.
- Ocado Group PLC (OCDO) – Food retail company Ocado Group PLC witnessed the largest drop among the FTSE 100 constituents, with shares shedding 4.16%.
- HSBC Holdings PLC (UK Reg) (HSBA) – Major international banks firm HSBC Holdings PLC experienced a decline of 2.28% in its shares.
- NatWest Group PLC (NWG) – Banking company NatWest Group PLC also faced a decrease of 2.12% in its stock value.
- 3i Group PLC (III) – Investment advisors company 3i Group PLC experienced a 1.30% fall in its stocks.
- Tesco PLC (TSCO) – Food retail company Tesco PLC rounded out the top five losers, with a decrease of 0.88% in its shares.
Currency and Commodity Market Updates
- Pound Appreciation: The pound demonstrated a 0.26% increase against the dollar, reaching $1.2151.
- Pound Depreciation: Against the euro, the pound decreased by 0.17%, resulting in a value of €1.1454.
- Brent Crude Decline: Brent crude witnessed a 3.1% drop, settling at $86.47.
- Gilt Yield Increase: The yield on the 10-year gilt rose by 1.270 basis points to 4.560%.