New orders for manufactured durable goods in January increased by 1.6% to $277.5 billion.
- The increase in new orders comes after a 1.2% increase in December. New orders, excluding transportation, rose 0.7%.
- Transportation equipment increased for the fourth straight month by 3.4% to $87.6 billion.
- Shipments for manufactured durable goods increased by 1.2% to $270.4 billion, after a 1.3% increase in December.
- Unfilled orders for manufactured durable goods in January rose by 0.9% to $1,283.2 billion after a 0.8% increase in December.
- Inventories of factory goods in January increased slightly by 0.4% to $476.0 billion after increasing by 0.8% in December.
New orders for non-defense capital goods rose by 4.2% to $96.9 billion as shipments rose by 2.1% to $84.0 billion.
DXY down -0.26%, EUR USD up +0.40%
Source: U.S. Census Bureau.