Mr. Martin is an expert advisor that works on a demo account, trading EURUSD. The presentation includes information about settings and product details in general but lacks features explanations.
The MQL5 page has some details explained about the system and how we should work with it.
- The robot can open and close orders on a terminal completely automatically.
- We can work through a MT4 platform.
- There are various features like an unique input system, several filters, and the deposit protection system.
- It can average unprofitable positions.
- It’s hard to keep an account profitable using a cost average strategy.
- The system has well-customized default settings.
- We can trade on the EURUSD pair.
- The core time frame is M1.
- We are allowed to trade on the GMT offset +2.
- The balance should start from $1000.
- It’s possible to trade conservatively and aggressively.
- The system opens and closes trades on a “closed bar.”
- We can work with any broker that we want.
- It is possible to be profitable with any spreads, but the developer also mentioned that they should be less than 10 pips.
- The account type should be Hedge.
- We have no extra details about how the system is going to function.
We are allowed to purchase the system for $360 for a single copy. There are no rental options available and this is a con because we can’t give the system a try. We can only download a demo copy of the advisor for free. This allows us to check the system settings on the terminal.
Mr. Martin trading approach
- The advisor works with cost averaging that is a pretty risky approach to trade.
- The system can use a Grid of orders with a wide Martingale approach.
The system was tested on the EURUSD cross pair and M15 time frame. We have a data period of 2014-2018 years. The modeling quality was 99.90% with variable spreads. The developer set an initial deposit at $750. It has become $5919.49 of the total net profit. The profit factor was 3.75. The maximum drawdown was 11.27%. The robot has traded 689 orders with accuracy of 74% for shorts and 73% for longs.
Mr. Martin live trading results
The robot executes orders on a demo account only that was created on RoboForex. It has 1:300 leverage. The maximum drawdown is 46.1%. The maximum deposit load is unfriendly – 89.5%. The win rate is 73.8%. The absolute growth has become 305.91%. It has been existing for 125 weeks.
An average trade frequency is a single order weekly. An average trade length a day.
The system has closed all months in a profit, but we can notice that there was a spike in growth and loss immediately.
The advisor uses aggressive Martingale, increasing lot sizes from 0.54 to 4.05. Also, there are Grids of six orders presented.
Mr. Martin has traded 462 orders. The best trade was $13,308.71 when the worst trade was -$2,306.05. The recovery factor is 3.83 when the profit factor is 2.60. An annual forecast is 49.91%. An average monthly growth is 4.11%.
The advisor trades EURUSD only, preferring the sell direction over the buy one.
What are the risks with Mr. Martin?
The risks are high because the advisor trades aggressively using strategies that can’t be treated as conservative.
Vasiliy Kolesov is a Russian developer that has a low rate–3415. He has five years of MQL5 experience, ten products and nine signals on the board. An overall rate is 4.4 based on nine reviews.
The presentation includes a negative testimonial from a former client.
What are the pros & cons of investing in Mr. Martin?
|A backtest report provided||No risk advice given|
|Trading results available||No settings explanations provided|
|No money-management advice given|
|The advisor uses a risky strategy like a Grid and Martingale|
|The robot trades quite aggressively|
|No rental options available|
Mr. Martin Conclusion
Mr. Martin is a trading solution that has a simple presentation. We have a few details explained about the strategy and its features. The trading results showed that the robot works aggressively, performing a Grid with Martingale strategy. So, there was a negative comment written about the system’s performance.