Tip Toe Hippo has a short and not enough informative presentation. We don’t know why after redesigning what happened several days ago, the presentation is kept this short. The system uses a price action strategy to spot trading opportunities and jump into the market with an order.
The system is available for rent only. The one-month subscription costs $50, three-month costs $100, and annual costs $250. The packages have the same features: automatic direct trading, continued support, and instant access. It’s not so much to discuss.
We have prepared a list of features and settings explanations that we could find.
- The robot knows how to work completely automatically on the terminal.
- We can expect that the system provides us with 5+% monthly.
- We can work with it on MT4.
- The devs provide us with any support we needt.
- The system doesn’t trade risky.
- It looks for trading opportunities 24/7 on the market.
- It gets profits from market movements. It can mean that there are price action or trend strategies.
- The system was tested on 9-year tick data.
- There are “12 independently correlated systems to minimize the downside and maximize profit.”
- The maximum historical drawdown was 15%.
- There could be hold-out periods.
- There were over 3 years of hold-out testing.
- The devs claimed that past performance does not guarantee future performance.
- “The maximum stagnation historically was 4 months.”
Tip Toe Hippo trading approach
- It looks like the system works with price action or trend strategies.
- We have no details about currency pairs.
- We don’t know about the time frames we have to work on.
The system was tested on the 9 years of the tick data. We may note that the chart is not quite smooth as it should be.
Tip Toe Hippo live trading results
The robot works on the Global Prime broker on a real USD account automatically. The leverage is 1:200 only. The platform is MT4. The account has a verified track record. It was created on May 09, 2021. The deposit was $27,660. Since then, the absolute gain has amounted to 30.57%. An average monthly gain is 5.64%. The maximum drawdown is 5.87%.
The system closed 176 trades with 4021 pips. An average win is 115.72 pips when an average loss is -74.35 pips. The accuracy is 53% for longs and 37% for shorts. It is a very poor trading statistics, as the system loses more than wins. The average trade length is 14 hours and 30 minutes. The profit factor is 1.61.
The robot works with indices only. We don’t know if it works well with Forex pairs and commodities.
The robot trades openings of different sessions.
The system focuses on trading on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
The account is run with low risks to the balance. There’s only a 1.11% chance to lose 10% of the account.
The advisor works with different lot sizes on each financial instrument.
The system trades unpredictably. It’s a huge con if a month is closed with losses. It’s not acceptable for a professional advisor.
What are the risks with Tip Toe Hippo?
The monthly profitability changes in a big way from month to month. It’s impossible to plan profits looking at how it loses a month. October 2021 started not well too.
We have a page of the company on Forex Peace Army created. There are no testimonials that would tell us how the system works on people’s accounts.
What are the pros & cons of investing in Tip Toe Hippo?
|Backtest reports provided||No risk advice given|
|Trading results shown||No strategy details explained|
|The account is well-deposited||No settings explanations provided|
|The system trades unpredictable|
|Only rental options are available|
Tip Toe Hippo Conclusion
Tip Toe Hippo is a trading advisor that runs a well-deposited account. It works completely unpredictably and can easily lose one month or two. It’s hard to entrust significant amount of money to work on a real account. The system is available only for rent. We can’t suggest you work with it.